Last Updated on
Jagged, untidy nails can bring down the best outfit, and with gorgeous, well cared for hands, your confidence can go through the roof. However, salon looks can come with a salon price tag.
Why not treat yourself to a home manicure set, and have great looking nails every day?
When buying a manicure set, there are certain factors to consider before parting with your hard earned money.
Firstly, you want a set that’s going to last and stainless steel is a good choice for an everyday set; it won’t rust and can retain a sharp edge on your clippers, not as sharp as carbon steel, admittedly, but carbon steel will turn rusty orange very quickly in a damp bathroom.
If you wish to spend a bit more, or want to make a career out of nails, then high carbon stainless steel is the material for you – it doesn’t rust, remains factory sharp, and won’t bend or twist.
The kit should contain everything needed to shape and maintain your nails, and might include nail clippers, nails scissors, emery boards, cuticle nippers, tweezers and more.
So, without further ado, let’s look through the files (d’you see what I did there?)
This nail polish kit looks great – salon style nails in the comfort of my own home, saving money, time and the option to indulge in a good film!
- Up to 10 salon gel manicures at home
- Up to two week wear
- No chips
- Mirror shine
- How to apply: for best results use with full set of Sally Hansen Gel Polish range
This Sally Hanson kit comes with everything you need to make your nails look stunning (apart from the wine).
The LED light is easy to use, even with wet sticky nails, the colours are gorgeous and the applicator brush is short and not too ‘flicky’.
The instructions say up to two weeks wear, and every time I used it, I got just over a week chip free, so bear that in mind if you are prepping for a special occasion.
I like this product – my nails look good, they set quickly, and okay, so I noticed a couple of chips after a week, but they are easy to just touch up, and no one would know!
This arrived very neatly packaged, and I love the colour and soft-effect feel of these tools. It looks much more expensive than it is, and it wouldn’t be out of place in a professional salon.
- 7 tools for perfect nails
- All the tools necessary to dress up dull nails
- Includes : wood cuticle sticks, cuticle pusher, cuticle trimmer, sapphire file, nail clipper, salon board, and 3-way buffer
This Ms Manicure set is lovely, and I would happily buy it as a gift for a girlfriend – whilst keeping a set for me too!
The items are good quality, and the buffer, in particular, is excellent.
If you are buying this set for a young girl, I would remove the cuticle sticks as they are incredibly sharp.
My only other complaint about this kit is just me being fussy – I would have liked it to come with its own case.
This set is unapologetic in its purpleness and that works for me! It’s well made, a great price and does a brilliant job.
The quality of this manicure set is impressive. The leather case – which comes in a variety of colourways, is well made and sturdy, and the tools themselves strong and look like they’ll last.
- Chrome plated, mini-manicure kit includes a pair of hot -forged scissors, nail clippers, knife and covered nail file in a zippered Aristo Bonded Leather travel case to go anywhere.
- The fibre content of Royce Bonded Leather is 100 recycled cowhide fibres. The fibres are naturally bonded together by latex, a renewable resource derived from Hevea trees without creating harm to the trees.
There is a lot to like about this kit, and I feel it would suit both women and men. It is the ideal size for travelling, and would easily survive being crammed into suitcase corners over and over again.
I feel that the lack of a pair of tweezers lets this set down.
The perfect gift for someone in your life, I will be buying several of these to give at Christmas, birthdays, anniversaries, and more, and maybe, keeping one back just for me!
I can’t believe that I’ve got so excited over a manicure set, but I have! This set is high end luxury at a great price!
It arrived carefully packed and with lots of protective covering. The case is well made, lined with felt, and has a stylish slide button latch – a great start.
- 100% Professional Heavy Duty Quality Stainless Steel: These tools are made of heavy duty quality stainless steel, which will never rust or corrode, and last for many years.
- A Complete Trimming Kit: includes 3x Nail clippers, 1x Nipper, 1x Scissors, 1x Nail file, 1x Tweezers, 1x Cuticle cutters, 1x Cuticle pusher, 1 x Ear pick, 1x Dead skin fork.
With 11 pieces in this set, Familife have thought of everything. The tools feel heavy and well constructed, the clippers sharp, and the wallet is a lovely touch.
My only, very minor, issue is the lack of an under-the-nail cleaning tool for when I’ve been gardening.
Whilst this manicure kit radiates quality, it needs to be available in pink! Immediately!
Wow! A space age manicure thingy!
It comes with a touch control and 10-speed motor, which makes for perfect professional results.
- Includes 7 interchangeable sapphire-coated attachments that effectively smooth corns and calluses, remove excess cuticles, and file, shape and buff nails
- Features a built-in LED light that brightens the grooming area to help you achieve the best result possible
- Powered by a long-reaching AC adapter that offers more powerful and consistent speed than battery-operated units (100-240V AC Adapter)
- Travels and stores easily
This is fantastic kit comes with lots of options, and all you do is change the head and off you go, filing, buffing and polishing ‘til your heart’s content, using either left or right hand. Brilliant.
Without any instructions, I had to experiment with which tip I used for each job.
This is a brilliant manicure set/wand/tool kit that wouldn’t look out of place in a professional salon. It’s great value for money, well made and reliable – I will be using it again and again.