Get Your Glow On
The latest on-trend nail fashion rocks around the clock, looking great from dawn … well til dawn again … is *drumroll please* Glow in the Dark acrylic nails!
Yes, fluorescent nails are the hottest thing on the block. Remember glow sticks? So cool, and there’s something about glow in the dark stuff that takes us back to those magical days of childhood. From luminous stars and planets to stick on the ceiling to neon plastic rings and bracelets, yes, we’ve all been there (just me, then?).
I’m not embarrassed to say I still love glowy things, so now, I can be as fashionable as a model, and indulge my love for glow in the dark! Perfect for parties, chic for clubs, and as worn by several of my Comicon-loving GFs, super cool for cosplay, these nails make any outfit awesome!
But before we look at the best glow in the dark nail product, there are a few things to bear in mind when you’re looking for a superior glow, including how to activate it.
- Any glow in the dark product glows best after exposure to bright light. Sunlight is the most effective, but a bright light bulb, or a black light if you have one, will work as well
- To get the best effect, “charge” your nails under this light
- The longer the polish is left in the light, the longer it will glow. To give you a rough idea, if you can relax while you charge them for an hour, your nails will glow nicely for about seven hours.
- When the glow starts to fade, ‘recharge’ them. You can do this as frequently as you wish
- If this is a last-minute manicure, you may want to charge the glow before applying the top coat, just in case it filters out some light
Even if you don’t want your nails to glow day and night, you can still get a similar effect by using holographic nail polish. While it won’t light up in the dark – it will still give you the same cool factor.
So with all this in mind, what is the best glow in the dark polish and powder you should buy this month?
What Makes It Great
This powder is awesome. Available in 24 colors – ranging from vivid sherbert yellow (another of this year’s favorites) through reds, deep purples and blues to various degrees of white, this pot of dipping powder covers well, and a top coat or two will not dull its roar. The ‘daytime’ colours are rich and vibrant and even without the glow feature, look beautiful. But once charged – wowee! They take on a whole new perspective. Carnival night meets manicure, and your nails are the stars. I love, love love this powder, and, what’s more, it remained chip-free for nearly three weeks! I tried the ‘Strobe Light’ shade – a glorious off white color that glowed a stunning electric blue for hours after charging. I’m now collecting the other colors!
Where It Could Be Improved
It could be argued that, for a pot of dipping powder, it’s in the higher price bracket, but when nails look this good, and glow like magic fire, I’m certainly not going to complain. And as so little is used for each application, it’ll last forever.
For awesome glow in the dark nails, that look simply stunning both day and night, I can’t recommend this highly enough.
If you loved this review, I also highly recommend…