Glitter nails have never been more popular than this season, and anyone who follows my blogs, knows just how much I love my sparkles, so it’s great to see that, for once, I’m bang on-trend!
NICOLE DIARY have produced this awesome collection.
Consisting of 8 generously sized pots packed with multicolored glitter, sequins, and iridescent flakes, they not only look stunning on your nails, but can give a mermaid-like shimmer to eyes, cheekbones or collarbones. In fact, they are versatile enough to be used anywhere, including cell phones and bracelets.
What’s the best way to create stunning glitter nails?
- Nail clipper, files and a buffing block
- Base coat
- Top coat
- Nicole Diary Glitters
- Nail polish remover
- Cotton pads
- Small brush – an eyeshadow brush works well
- Paper to catch any glitter that spills
Here’s how to put this idea into motion and get dazzling glitter acrylic nails:
- I’m guessing that, if you wished, you’ve already applied acrylic nail tips.
- File and trim your nails so the glitter has a good base to adhere to.
- Wipe your nails with polish remover to remove any filing debris and natural oils.
- Lay out the paper – never waste your sparkles!
- Apply a thin layer of base coat.
- Roll your nail in the glitter, gently pushing any lumps flat with your finger.
- Shake any loose glitter off onto the paper.
- Reroll if necessary.
- Brush off the excess.
- Dry thoroughly.
- Add several top coats and allow to dry in between.
- Finish by massaging in moisturizer.
There are some variations to this method that produce different finishes:
- Using a colored polish under the glitter can create some unusual effects.
- Instead of rolling your entire nail in glitter, sprinkle it on instead. The look is looser and more random and works especially well with colored polish.
- Mix glitter and iridescent sequins to give a unique, but extremely beautiful, shimmery appearance to your nails.
As always, though, with nail art, experiment and find a look you love!