How to Remove Glitter Nail Polish
You all know how much I love my manicures, and there’s nothing I enjoy more than showing off my latest creation, especially if it involves glitter polish. So it’ll come as no surprise that when it’s time to remove them, it’s not unusual for me to shed a tear or three. Yes, I am a mani addict, I admit it.
But all good things must come to an end, so what’s the best way to remove glitter polishes?
This is the easiest, most effective method I’ve found, and it’s my go-to with any stubborn polish.
- Polish remover – I find this Sally Hanson remover to be the best
- Cotton balls
- Aluminum foil
- Tear off ten strips of foil – one for each finger
- Soak a cotton ball in nail polish remover
- Place it on your nail
- Wrap the strip of aluminum foil around it and your finger, holding it firm against your nail
- Repeat for every nail
- Leave in place for approximately ten minutes
- Pinch off the foil tips, dragging the foil across your nail. This should bring the polish off with it
- For stubborn areas, with a cotton ball soaked in polish remover, gently rub the area, removing the polish completely
Occasionally, your polish can take its toll on nails and they can appear brittle once the polish is removed. If this is the case with yours, it’s important to look after them in between manicures, ready for next time!
This video has some great hacks for removing tough gel manicures without damaging your nails – these tricks work just as well with glitter gel manis, too!